The Monthly in its 10th edition has 30 questions, the set remains open for 3 days. The daily question will not be posted for the next three days. This gives you a decent chance to change the geography of the Leader Board.
Questions by-MyQA and Varun
We are thinking of starting another Guest Question series but with a difference. Please send two questions(or max 4) which revolve around a common theme;this ensures that one Guest Contributor features for two(or more) days on the blog. The questions will be featured on the blog if they are framed uniquely, please don’t send banal themes. Scoring pattern shall be decided at a later stage(myqa and I will talk over about it 🙂 ) If past contributions are anything to go by, this themed GQC will feature,most probably, till the next Monthly. So, looking forward to your mails; Send ’em to both shenoyvarun86[at]gmail[dot]com & arunkumar_ieee[at]yahoo[dot]com.
MOD EDIT: In question 4,first pic(monthly-con) appears to be broken, just click on the image and it opens up.
MOD EDIT : Please send only one reply, it becomes really tough to update scores other wise
For now, Monthly X is up for grabs, get cracking folks!
Answers for Monthly X!!!
Who?holding ___ ____ Question 7
What is depicted here?
The men(shown) together, when fools are riding high , are a reason for celebration .. Which day? What celebrations?
Connect the three images
A=Inventor. B=Invention. C=Drawing. Explain all
Find the missing one
Connect and explain with respect to a type of rule or just connect
Small or big… Identify the instrument
Flavour of the season.. Connect
Yikes! Who’s he?
Identify this awesome vehicle.
One in 69! Identify.
Identify the artist.
Where can you find this?
Identify the activist.
Can’t frame clues about one’s “second set up”!
By what name do we call such apartments?? The term is also used to describe special fonts.
Identify the band.
Catch you again on the 25th 😀
Do check out Food For Thought Jr, and send in your thoughts/comments/suggestions/anything that you want to share about the blog!
Answers for Monthly X!!!
The Answers are
1. Ra the Egyptian Sun God
2. Lamentation over Dead Christ
3. 3 B’s of Classical Music(Brahms+Beethoven+Bach)
4. The 3 Reichs
5. Stonewall Mountain(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Mountain)
6. Humphrey Bogart holding the Maltese Falcon
7. Persephone atop White House
8. Loch-ness monster
9. Betsy Ross displaying the US flag to Mr. Washington
10. April 23rd World Book Day
11. Easiest in the lot… King Midas
12. Birth Annunciation(actually the third pic is not exactly annunciation, it shows Vasudeva carrying baby Krishna across Yamuna)
13. Duke Igthorn(trust me watch Gummy Bears and you will love him and his servant ogre-Toadwart)
14. Anton Van Leuwenhock(sorry about the spelling 🙂 )
15. Sassi Punnum, the 4 great tragedies of Punjab
16. Bad Bad Bad Question…. Artists impression of Twitter fail whale(some plagiarist has actually lifted a scene from Moby Dick)
17. Pettycoat Government
18. Auxanometer(for the scientific guys out there it is an Arc-Auxanometer)
19. Connect is Anurag Kashyap movie… 1 shows Gulaal, 2 represents Kites(his upcoming flick starring Hrithik and two beautiful dames), & 3 shows a vague symbol indicating “No Smoking”
20. Takeshang Gompa, Tigers Nest Monastery, Bhutan
21. Casey Kasem
22. Types of Moustaches
24. Faberge eggs
25. Manjit Bawa
26. Wax museum, Old Goa
27. Mahasweta Devi
28. Connect- The Cardinal’s Mistress.
1st pic-“The Cardinal’s Mistress” painting by artist Fane Flaw
2nd pic- Benito Mussolini
30. The Zimmers