Update: Answers uploaded.
The Monthly is back. It stays open till Sunday Oct 3rd 2010. Post your answers in a single comment.
May the force be with you! 🙂
Questions by cnik and myqa.
The first twelve questions have a theme. Theme is worth 2 points.
1. Identify the band. An album cover is given on the left.
2. Identify the cricketer.
3. These comics have a hero. Who is he?
4. This man is a novelist. Who is ___ ____?
5. The man on the left started a famous company. Identify the company. The building on the right might help.
6. Identify the company which produced this car.
7. Identify the drummer on the left. He belongs to the band on the right.
8. Identify the institution named after the man shown below. The seal might help.
9. This might help in cracking the theme. Identify this movie.
10. The man on the right is the brother of the man on the left. Identify the encircled man.
11. The movie on the left uses the phone on the right. Identify the phone.
12. Identify the wrestler.
13. They act together. How?
14. Id the place
15. Id the instrument.
16. The dreams of this man in glasses were shattered. Who?
17. This product, in select countries, has created high waves in recent times. Which & how?
18.Your eyes are most likely to be drawn to these tiny robots found around in the office of this popular company. Which one?
The Answers are:
2. Andrew Hudson
3. James Bond
4. John Galt
6. Glide was an American automobile manufactured by the Bartholomew Company
7. Matthew Helders of Arctic Monkeys
8. THOMAS is the database of United States Congress legislative information, named after Thomas Jefferson. Ended up asking ‘institution’ instead of the site shown. Apologies.
10. Thaddeus Griffin, brother of Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
11. IBM Simon from ‘The Net’
12. Judas Mesias or Ricky Banderas.
Connect being ‘The Apostles of Christ’
13. Frank-Dodd Act (Chris Dodd on the left and Barney Frank)
14. Djemaa el Fna
15. Ektara, popular among the Bauls of Bengal
16. Stephen Glass, a journalist, whose career at The New Republic magazine was chronicled in the 2003 movie Shattered Glass.
17. Ivory Wave, a street drug that gained popularity in the UK recently.
18. Idée Inc, the company that quizzers are most familiar with.
Scores will be updated within this week. Thank you for the response.